The Solihull Junior Barons are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Head Coach to build and develop our juniors to the best of their ability.
Requirements for the Head Coach Role
The candidate must possess an in-depth knowledge of the game, with strong leadership characteristics, and be dedicated to building a successful junior hockey program geared to help develop its players and assist in moving them on to the senior level.
- Proactively plan and co-ordinate with the team coaches all practices, both on and off ice.
- Game day management to include the coordination of lines, and associated duties involved with the teams, coaches and managers.
- Day to day operational duties and management of the club.
- Implement and develop an on and off ice program with the club coaches.
- Assist club officers in accountability, and enforcement of club rules for individual players and parents.
- Liaise with the senior club in promoting and developing the junior club.
An experienced or above Level 2
This is a voluntary position
- Experience of Ice Hockey coaching and/or playing experience
- Good understanding of Youth Hockey community
- Ability to design, implement and teach effective on ice development plans
- Ability to evaluate and correct all key core hockey skills and tactics
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication skills, coach with the enthusiasm and drive to implement an exciting and progressive coaching program.
NB – Enhanced DBS check is required.
Closing date 15th Nov 2017 Apply to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (Dave Madden)