Oxford Junior Ice Hockey club is seeking an experienced and qualified coach to continue development of the U11 team and assist with development of the Junior club. The club’s mission is to promote the growth of hockey in Oxfordshire and the UK as a whole. The OJIHC aims to provide the best possible experience for all participants by encouraging, developing, advancing and administering the sport as set out by the English Ice Hockey Association
This role constitutes two parts, the first is the head coach of the U11 team and the second is the deputy head coach to assist in the development of the Junior section.
U11 Head coach
- Lead player evaluation and the player selection process
- Plan, organize and conduct practices
- Develop pre-game preparation
- Lead the operation of the team during the games
- Assist with the supervision of players off and on the ice
- Formulate the game plan
- Submit a yearend report to the head coach containing player observations
- Report to the head coachThe following qualifications can be applied to both the U11 Head Coach and the Deputy Head Coach.
- Coaches must meet EIHA certification requirements
- Strong hockey background in playing, coaching and player evaluation
- Strong interest and commitment to child/athlete development
- Ability to work with fellow coaching personnel
- Ability to communicate on and off-ice requirements to players and parents
- Available to meet time requirementsDeputy Head Coach
- Deputise when head coach is unavailable.
- Ensure U9-13 player profiles and assessments are complete.
- Help with developing a unified club system and systems booklet.
- Aid the coordination of coaches for games and other club activities.
- Help to recruit players.
- Mentor new/young coaches.
- Suggest players for conference trials.
- Assist with individual development plans.
- Coach special on-ice sessions (camps and mini-camps).To apply, or for further information, please contact Jeff Sykora at firstname.lastname@example.org.