March 5, 2020
In light of the Covid-19 (coronavirus) situation Ice Hockey UK, Scottish Ice Hockey and the English Ice Hockey Association are following the situation on an ongoing basis.
We are closely monitoring the advice from health and government agencies and ask our that our members and participants also keep up-to-speed with the latest information via the following links:
• Government website
• NHS website
We ask everyone to take care of their health and protect others by doing the following:
• Wash your hands frequently and regularly
• Refrain from unnecessary contact, if possible – e.g. shaking hands and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• If you experience any symptoms, e.g., difficulty breathing, cough and fever, seek medical advice from NHS 111. Don’t return to action until you are given the all-clear.
• Throw away any tissue after use, to prevent contamination – ‘Catch It, Bin It, Kill It’
• Don’t share drinks from the same bottle or glass
• Clean and disinfect your equipment
• Implement good hygiene, thus mitigating your risk of catching the virus
• Avoid travel to any countries where government warnings are in place
From this weekend we recommend that players refrain from shaking hands with the officials or each other before or after the game. In post-game it will be acceptable for the teams to exchange gloved ‘fist-bump’ in lieu of the traditional handshake.
The ice hockey associations are monitoring the Covid-19 (coronavirus) situation and scheduled league play. The health of our participants and fans is of great importance to us. We will update further if the condition worsens or if there is any government action affecting sport.
Please stay tuned to our websites and social media channels for future updates.