January 3, 2020
Sutton Sting are holding their latest ‘Little League’ event at Lammas on Saturday January 11.
The session is open to under 9s and 11s from any club and so will give everyone a great opportunity to gain additional ice time and meet new friends through hockey.
Initial plans are:
-2:00pm: arrival, sign in and team sorting.
– 2:30pm: Start on ice
– Each team will have a maximum of 10 players – 2 lines of 5
– There will be a maximum of 6 teams but the format of the tournament will be decided once the final numbers have been confirmed – 24 hours before the tournament starts.
– Each game will be 18 minutes in length with changes on the buzzer every 90 seconds – meaning each player will get 6 shifts per game.
– There will be a minimum of 3 games per team.
– We will aim to get a mixture of ages, ability and home clubs across all teams.
– Please ensure that you only sign up if you are attending this is important to ensure that we can sort out the teams prior to the event and ensure everything runs smoothly.
– The cost of the session is £12 / player and online payment is required to confirm your spot. Tickets for this session are now available.
– For insurance purposes, a one off registration is required with a fee of £15. This registration will cover you for all our little league events throughout the 19/20 season – we expect there to be a minimum of 5 events.
Lammas Leisure Centre is the perfect place for little league as the smaller ice surface is great for the younger hockey players development… playing in smaller spaces places greater emphasis on players using their entire skill set and encourages them to think and react quicker than on a full ice pad.
Please note – a parent or guardian must be within the ice rink throughout the duration of the event.
More information at the event page on Sutton’s Team App – https://www.teamapp.com/clubs/488634/events/10423704