November 26, 2018
The 2019 IIHF International Coaching Symposium will be organised in Bratislava during the 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation (SIHF) and the 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Organising Committee.
The expected outcome of the Symposium is to provide the coaches that attend an opportunity to:
- Network and share their views and experiences with other coaches
- Learn the different approaches being used by fellow coaches
- Listen to knowledgeable speakers sharing their insight and ideas on coaching issues
- View new, innovative products from selected exhibitors that are being used around the world to enhance player performance
Topics will include:
- Leadership and ownership of the coaching process
- Playbooks and systems in modern ice hockey
- Individual skills development in modern ice hockey
- Strength and conditioning trends in modern ice hockey
- Wade Gilbert, Ph.D., Professor, California State University, Fresno
- Kevin McLaughlin, USA Hockey, Senior Director (Hockey Development)
- Aki Naykki, SC Bern/FIN U20, Goaltending coach
- Tommi Parmakoski, Pelicans Lahti (FIN), Strength and conditioning coach
- Bill Beaney, former NCAA and USA Hockey coach
- Two NHL-calibre coaches
The Symposium will be held in English.
Dates: 18-19 May 2019 (with a social event planned for the evening of 17 May)
Deadline for Registration:
- Early bird: 31 December 2018
- Normal fee: 19 April 2019
The pre-reserved hotel rooms from Hotel Tatra, as it currently stands, must be released 1 January 2019. Therefore, it is highly recommended that participants wishing to stay in the Symposium Hotel register during the early bird time frame.
All participants registered will be invoiced for payment in advance of the Symposium. The registration becomes finalized only when the payment has been received.
Location and official hotel:
Námestie 1. mája 5
Registration fee includes:
- Attendance to all the sessions
- Lunches and coffee breaks during the conference
- Registration package
- One ticket each to the following World Championship games:
- Sweden vs. Switzerland (Saturday, 18 May at 20:15)
- Switzerland vs. Russia (Sunday, 19 May at 20:15)
- Participation in the social event on Friday, 17 May
For any questions concerning IIHF International Coaching Symposium, please contact Andy French.
The full program will be available soon.
- 300 EUR until 31 December 2018 (early bird fee)
- 400 EUR as of 1 January 2019 (no hotel guarantee)
- Single room 99 euros/night (including breakfast)
- Double room for single occupancy 119 euros/night (including breakfast)
- Twin room 139 euros/night (including breakfast)
Click here to register.