England U15’s returned to the ice for the second hame of the tournament in Fussen and took a 1-0 lead within twelve seconds of the puck drop and without the opposition touching the puck with a goal from Oscar Evans (Swindon).

Less than thirty seconds later England doubled their lead through Joe Hazeldine (Nottingham) with a well-worked goal leaving the Germans stunned with only 40 seconds played.

England’s third goal came on 90 seconds when that man Talbot got his second of the game placing England in a dominating position and being camped in the offensive zone and in complete control of the game.

Peter Winn’s team continued to play a fast flowing attacking game but began to build-up the pressure with some great work down low carrying on from the work done in the first game. Two minutes later England extended their lead to four goals through a tip-in for James Shaw (Sutton).

Jamie Ord (Whitley) on his third shift of the game pulled-up with a recurrence of the shoulder he injured in the first game and withdrew from the game leaving England short on the right flank and fears amongst the travelling support. But the fear was short lived as Carter Lloyd (Cardiff) stepped-in to net England’s fifth goal.

As England grew in confidence, complacency crept-in along with a lapse in discipline. A minor penalty for slashing in front of the opponents net left England short-handed and the result being a goal for Memmingen against the run of play and leaving England’s netminder, Cameron Haggith (Bracknell) with no chance, 5-1.

As the seconds counted down to the end of the first period Aaron Jepson (Sheffield) netted a neat tip-in to put England back in control at 6-1.

The second period started with England in complete control and Memmingen all but defeated. The goals continued to come for England who were ever-present in the offensive zone. Swift line changes and good cycling of the puck and strong work in the corners saw England make countless chances and score goals at will. With the contest effectively over the challenge for England was to keep-up the work rate and maintain their focus which they did. They were rewarded for their efforts with goals from Jepson (2), George Hoang (Guildford), Lloyd (2) and Hazeldine (4)

Reflecting on the team performance bench coach, Mark Gillingham, said: “The opposition can not be chosen and did not really present a contest for our team. That said our boys needed to play our systems and maintain our discipline and I think we did that effectively for 99% of the game. We took one penalty and that hurt us but apart from that I was happy with what we delivered.”