Dear hockey friends,
Ice Hockey Club “Huskies” Luxembourg is pleased to invite you to our 3rd international junior ice hockey tournament. The tournament will take place in Luxembourg on 23-24 April 2016. The tournament is open to teams of two age groups: U13, players born 2003-2004(minimum 6,up to 8 teams) and U11, players born 2005 and younger (6 teams).
We are happy to inform you that we will invite junior teams from all over Europe: Denmark, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, France, Czech republic and others.
The Tournament is held at the Kockelscheuer ice rink (2 rinks available), located at about ten minutes drive from the Luxembourg City center.
Basic tournament information
- A team must consist of minimum 10 players, 1 goalie, 1 team manager and (or) 1 coach. Maximum 20 players, 2 goalie and up to 4 coaches and officials.
- Every U11 team plays at least 6 games, and every U13 team plays at least 8 games (in case of 8 teams), every team is given a trophy, and every player and official receives a tournament medal.
- Tournament fees are 690€ per team and 640€ for additional team from the same club (in case participation is in both age groups). The price is valid for up to17 persons per team, 20 € for each additional person.
- Tournament fees cover cost of ice, referees, medal to each player/coach/official, cup to each team, lunch for 2 days (salad, main dish, drinks, fruits), fruits and water in the locker room.
- Accommodation, insurance and any other expenses are not included.
How to apply
- Please apply for the tournament by sending an e-mail where it is mentioned the name of the club, details of the contact person and in which age group the team will participate (U11/U13 /or both).
- After you have received a confirmed that your team has benn accepted by the Tournament Committee, we kindly ask you to transfer a deposit of 20% of tournament fee to reserve you place to the bank account mentioned in the confirmation. Please note, that in case of cancelation the deposit is not refundable. The remaining fee has to be paid before April 1st.
- You will receive confirmation of payment and tournament participation form from the Tournament Director immediately after the deposit is in our account.
Please inform us as soon as possible if you need help with finding accommodation. Last year we arranged a very good deal with Hilton and we are working on it for this year as well and hope to announce accommodation possibility very soon. Please note that the Tournament starts at 8:00am on Saturday and finish around 16:00 at Sunday. We will try our best to adjust the schedule for your team if needed.
Please feel free to contact us for additional information. We will be happy to answer any question and provide you with additional information .Ice hockey club “Huskies” Luxembourg is looking forward to see you at the 2016 Luxembourg International Junior Ice Hockey Tournament.
With best regards,
Please click here to download a copy of the Tournament Rules